Monday, April 9, 2012

We Got A Hulk...And A Spider-Man




When I saw these two pieces together this morning I thought about how cool it would be if we had a scene at the end of the upcoming Avengers movie where we see Spider-Man watching the action - just about to jump in a participate. In the comic books, Spidey is an Avenger (FINALLY!!!) and both franchises are the cornerstones of Marvel's next decade of movie making.

I wish someone working on the film who is nearly as smart as me is thinking this exact same cross promotional idea. It also wouldn't hurt the Amazing Spider-Man to have Nick Fury show up. No way that Fury would not have an asset like a Spider-Man under observation the second he started to appear in public.

I just watched episode two of this season's Avenger's cartoon. They mentioned both the X-Men and Spider-Man so there is a good chance they will be showing up in the near future. They seem to be telling the story of the 'Civil Wars' where heroes took sides in the issue of Superhero Registration.

Plus there is a new Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon where Nick Fury comes out and tells Spidey that he knows that his real name is Peter Parker. Then he offers Peter the chance to be a better hero. It's a good cartoon also.

http://joejusko.deviantart.com/gallery/7608593#/d1orl1t

9 comments:

Belle said...

These paintings look like inkblots. I like them. Don't know much about Spider man, but I agree with everything you said - just because you are you.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thanks Belle. You have a kind and generous heart.

Joe Jusko said...

I like the inkblot interpretaion of my painting. Kinda cool.

http://joejusko.deviantart.com/gallery/7608593#/d1orl1t

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Like the REAL Joe Jusko visits the Cave of Cool.

Joe Jusko said...

I'm an avid follower! :-)

Will said...

Great pictures

Now concerning the movie cross-overs that would be a legal nightmare what with all the different film studios involved. Columbia is not giving up Spider-Man, Paramount would hate to share profits with Columbia, 20th Century Fox is making a killing with the X Franchise and would hate to share profits with Paramount so Wolvie would not be joing the Avengers or

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Of course. When I speak, I speak of that perfect universe where people at least try not to be assholes to one another.

M. D. Jackson said...

Joe Jusko follows your blog!

You truly are the KING of COOL!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I KNOW. It's a big deal right? It's not just me who thinks that? That's like finding out that Beethoven likes your garage band.