Sunday, April 15, 2012

This Show Just Breaks My Heart


"I hate that she acts like such a brat. She is pregnant, not disabled."

You can skip this whole post if you don't want to read my similar complaints about this show each and every time I watch it.

Once again a young girl is surprised that her boyfriend doesn't want anything to do with her new baby. To make is worse, her sister, who got pregnant at the same time, chose to have an abortion. The tension in the house is just dripping with sadness. To show the sonogram on the television to hurt the other sister was a bit much though.

Stupid stupid girls regretting choices they should never have had to make in the first place. I really am tired of hearing these girls lament their lost teen years and all the fun they are missing out on. When you see one sister tell the other that she thought the abortion was the better choice shows just how insane this whole teen pregnancy epidemic has gotten.

Adding to the fun, the baby was born on the same night that the teen and her friends went to a haunted house - that is never a good way to begin your life.

This is one of the only shows that makes me talk directly to the screen like some kind of raving lunatic. How does anyone raise teen girls without putting the fear of God into them? Don't even get me started on the boys.

This show is hard hitting and not glamorous and it's not meant to be. I hope it turns one girl away from trying to add more stress to her life. Lucky for this girl that she has such a devoted and supportive mother. Women really do hold up the world, don't they?

GAH - they show TWO episodes at once now??? The next girl wants to be an MMA cage fighter until she gets pregnant. For once, young father Forest (I KNOW!) actual steps up and does the right thing. I hope things will work out but I know that they won't. Sigh.

"I can't cage fight and I can't hunt. I can't do anything I like to do anymore."

I am gonna need to watch something animated just to even out my emotions after this one.

2 comments:

Bersercules said...

The thing that bothers me about shows like that is the impressionable kids watching it that will wanna grow up to be teens and ape the things they see.

Unknown said...

You know what would really help this epidemic? If we stop having lunatics creating the idea that birth control is bad and that some how teens will stop having sex. 11 and 12 year olds having been having sex since the dawn of time. Sometimes with others their own age or older. The only thing that has changed is the false idea that children will stay away from it and be pure instead you know, telling the facts and utilizing the modern miracle of birth control, condoms, spermicide, etc. People in this country need to get the sticks out of their bum and stop glorifying dumb choices. Any idiot can get knocked up, it's the smart ones that don't. Which probably means we're all doomed.