Saturday, April 7, 2012

Diabolical


Okay, here is my plan. I am going to go to the 7-11 on Monday and I am going to purchase a bag of Fritos. Then I will ask the girl how much I need to pay to make generous use of their free cheese and chili and onions. I know myself well enough to know that until I feast on this delicacy I will only think about it.

Frito pie, a delicacy of the American Southwest, consists of Frito chips, chili, cheese, beans and onions. Its origins are a mystery, but one legend places its birth at a Woolworth’s lunch counter in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Woolworth’s isn’t around anymore, but a dime store still resides at that location. It serves Frito pie at a snack bar in the back, with the ingredients poured into a slit open Frito bag.

5 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

It is ALL over Mexico!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well then I am bringing it to the Tundra. It's only right.

Kelly Sedinger said...

I always get some Fritos when I make a big pot of chili at home, for this exact reason. Great stuff!

DrGoat said...

We had a couple of Woolworths in Tucson back in the 50s-60s. It's where I bought my first Beatles stuff.

Budd said...

they have it at sonic. it is delish.