Friday, April 27, 2012

Avengers (2012)


This is what every big screen Hollywood superhero movie needs to be. Fantastic action, huge special effects and a sense of humor. It will delight both newbies and fanboys alike as it pushes all the right action adventure buttons. How I wished I was 10 years old again and seeing this one in the theatre for the first time. I am pretty sure my head would have exploded.

I hate how much I adored Gweneth Paltrow. She really is amazing and I hate her in everything, except those jean shorts she wears for all the two minutes she is in the movie.

Many nice character moments and Easter eggs aplenty.

One word - HELICARRIER

Thank you Joss Whedon for letting this movie breath. With so many characters it was great to see each get their moment of 'cool'. I have never seen Scarlet Johanson actually 'act' before. She was fun.

Great battle pieces especially the ones with the Hulk. The crisis they face are real threats but no one is given more than they can handle. It's a brilliant bit of heroics with many heartstopping moments in all the action.

The dialogue sparkles as brightly as the special effects; these people may be wearing ridiculous costumes but they're well fleshed-out underneath. And so in every regard, this movie truly fulfills its hype.

Perfectly paced, perfectly directed, superbly acted, brilliantly-written, terrifically shot, I mean, what more do you want? Oh you want a Hulk vs Thor fight? Well, you got it. Thank you Joss Whedon. Thank you so, so, much.  - Rotten Tomatoes

10/10

No comments: