Thursday, April 19, 2012

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??

Okay people, when PEARL feels ennui about the lack of love out there for the blogger then we got a problem. She writes some of the funniest post around. One a day - if you are lucky. She is really good at telling a story and bringing her point around to a satisfying conclusion. I know and care about more details of her personal life than I should, but it's too cool to feel in on the joke. She also never posts any images. She is the perfect antidote to the balloon juice cocktail that I serve up to you daily.

Her post today was about lost followers or comments or interest in the blogs we follow. Are people commenting less because they are unplugging from the Matrix and plugging back into their real lives? Maybe tough times make people cling harder to the things and people around them. It seems like a move that will produce much more satisfying results than are found in the Internet relationships many of us try to foster around here.

I have to admit that even I am tired and drained and not yet energized by Spring like I should be. I need to sit in the sun for awhile and eat me a handful of fresh grass just like the cat is doing right now.

4 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

Honestly, I'm more and more weighing the work I've put into my blog versus my time spent working and my desire to start writing something that has meaning. On TNR I entertain a handful of people occasionally. I've begun to wonder if it's even remotely worth it.

To a large extent this apathy has spread to my reading of other's blogs. Really only those (yourself included) who I feel I've connected with on some level beyond simple comment exchange, have I really made any effort to keep up with.

Partly its become habit, partly I like what I've created, and partly I still enjoy writing on it. But a large part of me lately has been pondering chucking it all.

I think I need to get in on some of that grass you and the cat are nipping at. Though I fear TN grass isn't the same and might do more harm than good.

M. D. Jackson said...

Comments at my blog have virtually stopped, even before I got sick. Same goes for tumblr love. Either everybody has collectively found out how boring I really am or they're unplugging in droves.

You seem to be doing okay, though.

DrGoat said...

I think it might just be that life happens to people and they have much to deal with. I'm sure a lot of the people still read your blogs but the effort to comment sometimes eludes one. And like MD sez, you are doing really well. I visit a few blogs and sites and you have a very respectable number of commentors.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I think I have to look at the totallity of the contribution that comments make to my site. I do post a lot and I can be overwhelming to people who just want to get in and out.

Thanks for your imput as always.