Wednesday, August 10, 2011

913 Visits Today? You People Can Do A Bit Better Than That


If I believe one set of stats I had 913 visits today to the 'Cave of Cool. If I believe another than I had 2129 so who really knows the truth? What counts as 'visit'? If the same person visits twice is that counted as two visits or one person?

I just would like to see the daily visits go past 1000 on my SITEMETER account one day this week. Just because I ask for it doesn't mean I don't deserve to see those kind of numbers.

You people know that you have been getting quality blog since the beginning. We rarely if ever just 'phone it in' around here.

So tell a friend and have them tell a friend and so on and so on. Think of it as my 'MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION' wish even though my REAL wish would be something much much cooler.

8 comments:

Tempo said...

"What bird?"

Steve said...

You're lucky to get that many! I rarely get anywhere near that! I wonder, what number of visits is needed for a "successful" blog?

http://moody-by-name.blogspot.com/

Kal said...

Success is in the eye of the creator. I feel success to see each comment because it means that someone is reading my balloon juice and that is enough for me...except for these milestone numbers. I can't help it. I am weak. Good thing I am far from 500 followers or I would be pitching that too. I am pathetic. I know it.

DrGoat said...

Look at your number of regular, faithful commentors and followers.
I call that success. I person is lucky to end up with one or two really good friends in life. You've got substantially more than that. As a stockholder and boardmember of the C. of C., I am very happy with my dividends.

Kal said...

Well put. Thanks for the perspective my friend.

mercurius said...

I don't suppose the meter counts hits off the RSS feed? I read mostly thru Google Reader so I don't have to scroll past the 600 pixel tall banner image every single page load. It just occurred to me that this banner image would take up the entire laptop screen height since most ppl either have a 1366x768 laptop LCD and we account for menu/title/URL/bookmarks bars space. Added to all that, it would in fact OVERFLOW a netbook screen at 1024x600.

The ideal deployment of such a big banner would be some kind of animated pull up so that it retracts into a smaller banner a few seconds after the page loads. But I think that would involve some kind of javascript hoodoo that blogspot doesn't support.

Kal said...

K, I understood about half of that but what you said explains a lot of the reasons why someone would abandon following me because it's annoying to go through the crap that blogger can't help me easily fix. GRRRRRR. I care about the presentation of this blog a lot and not to be able to correct something I don't like annoys me.

D.I. Felipe González said...

When I post something interesting, I don't even get 100 visits (but then, I'm only an ocassional poster with 13 followers).