Friday, June 24, 2011

Monsters Of Canada - 3 - Sasquatch


The story of the sasquatch has been spread all over wooded areas of the entire North American continent. While Americans typically refer to this creature as “Big Foot,” the majority of Canadians use the name sasquatch which comes from the Native American Salish word for “hairy man” or even “wild man.” The physical depiction of this creature does not seem to change much over the very large span of the nation of Canada—which happens to be the second biggest country on the entire globe as far as land mass goes. These extremely hair creatures that tend to resemble large apes seem to be very reclusive and even timid when it comes to interacting with humans. Only a few photographs or videos or even hard core evidence of the creature (like foot prints or trails) exist. Some of the most widely known pieces of evidence for the presence of sasquatch in the Canadian wilderness are hoaxes though, which discredits real monster hunters and scientists who try to be honest and clear with their information on the sneaky creature.

10 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Isn't "sasquatch" just the best word EVER?

Kal said...

It does just roll off the tongue.

Belle said...

He resembles a guy I dated. I always wanted to shave his back.

Tempo said...

He also resembles a man in an ape suit.. OK, so I live right around the other side of the globe so cant be taken as any kind of expert...but I have grave doubts about these stories.

Kal said...

Don't get me started on how this picture is the best photo that has ever been taken of this cryptid. You don't know how much I read about these creatures as a kid only to find out as an adult that they didn't exist.

csmith2884 said...

I only use big foot since I can spell it. Yeti is nice also but they are white? Is that what it is?

Kal said...

Big Foot is American. One of them wrestled Lincoln during the Civil War so I know they were real.

Yeti live in the Hymalayas and like to take a thermos of hot chocolate to work each day.

csmith2884 said...

Yeti? I thought that was Canadians? Now I am confusled.

Paladin said...

I admit it. That picture is a hoax. Well, more of a misunderstanding, really.

I stepped outside my hotel room wrapped in a towel just to get some ice from the ice machine. The towel got stuck in the door which locked behind me and...

I'll pass the hat for contributions to my laser hair removal fund now :)

Kal said...

That admission was...disturbing.