Friday, June 3, 2011

Now I Have To Dig Through The Garbage Bag Like A Racoon


Yesterday I noticed that my silver Superman ring was missing from it's place on top of my hardrive. Of course I had to start a hands and knees search of my room but of course it was nowhere to be found. Things like this totally frustrate me. I decided to just go to sleep because it was late and look for it fresh in the morning.

If you remember, this is the SAME silver Superman ring that I lost once before in my car when I took it off because I was eating hot wings while I was driving (don't ask) and I didn't want to get sauce all over it because then I would have to clean all that out of the crevices around the letter S.

I was devastated after a search of the car and it was nowhere to be found. I decided it was better not to have the car taken apart bolt by bolt and just learn to let it go. Six months later the girl at the detailing place told me she had found something in my car when they were doing their cleaning and produced the ring. I could have hugged her but she gave me a look that told she wasn't into that.

This morning I looked around the room thinking of where it could have possibly gone too and moved some things like my garbage can and as I was holding it occurred to me that it might have fallen in there. All day I have been avoiding what I know I have to do now - take out every single piece of garbage out of the bag and hope the ring will be there.

I should just put crime tape on the door and let CSI give the room a good once over.

9 comments:

Belle said...

You better crazy glue that sucker to your finger.
I thought I threw my car keys in the garbage can at McDonald's and a server and I looked all through the garbage. Yuck. Then someone found my keys in the bathroom.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I would quiz Admiral Fluffy too. He might have taken it to use as a cat toy. They do that, you know.

Sam G said...

Aw, man....I hope you find it. That's a bummer.

Tempo said...

At least you haven't emptied the bin out into the dumpster yet...have you? Good luck with your search Kal, it'd be a bummer to lose it.

DEZMOND said...

you should just send Robin to dig the trash!

Wings1295 said...

Stop blogging and start digging! Then get a ring holder!

csmith2884 said...

Did you find it,err Rocky.

Now somewhere in the black mountain hills of Dakota
There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
And one day his woman ran off with another guy
Hit young Rocky in the eye Rocky didn't like that
He said I'm gonna get that boy
So one day he walked into town
Booked himself a room in the local saloon
Rocky Raccoon checked into his room
Only to find Gideon's bible
Rocky had come equipped with a gun
To shoot off the legs of his rival
His rival it seems had broken his dreams
By stealing the girl of his fancy
Her name was Magil and she called herself Lil
But everyone knew her as Nancy
Now she and her man who called himself Dan
Were in the next room at the hoe down
Rocky burst in and grinning a grin
He said Danny boy this is a showdown
But Daniel was hot, he drew first and shot
And Rocky collapsed in the corner, ah
Now the doctor came in stinking of gin
And proceeded to lie on the table
He said Rocky you met your match
And Rocky said, doc it's only a scratch
And I'll be better I'll be better doc as soon as I am able
And now Rocky Raccoon he fell back in his room
Only to find Gideon's bible
Gideon checked out and he left it no doubt
To help with good Rocky's revival, ah
Oh yeah, yeah

DrGoat said...

Something that precious might warrent renting a metal detector/ Hope you find it buddy.

Megan said...

I do hope you found it!