Thursday, April 7, 2011

Taking It To The Next Level


Since we all know that my 'people' are the best followers out there I come to you all to take advantage of your collection wisdom. I am planning to make some big changes by this summer to the 'Cave of Cool'. Sorta kick it up to the next level and exploit my blog for some free swag. I will take an endorse and whore myself out to any companies and organizations as long as the boxes of free samples come my way. (Oh and I must confess that 'Depends' undergarments are purchased on my dime. So I will not be endorsing their stuff. What little else is said about that is the better).

I have been thinking lately about doing a video blogcast on a variety topics where i would rant and rave in much the same way that I do now. I would write the 'bits' and basically perform them live - but I am sure they would venture easily into unscripted territories.

I would ask my followers where I can find certain items like say, one of those late 1800 male bathing suits that fat guys like me and Newman from 'Seinfeld' could wear and be comfortable in the pool. I have a wetsuit that I use now but it is long sleeved and down to my toes and I find it somewhat restrictive. It works because it's getting me accustomed to scuba diving since I want to be in the water but don't want the FREAK OUT that will come from any sea creature touching my bare legs or arms. See, that could be a video post. I would appreciate how fellow husky fellows have dealt with this whole 'man boobs in the pool' issue.

Maybe I could do some 'snap' reviews of TV shows or movies that I have just watched?

I am still experimenting with the format because I would like to edit my stuff in such a way that it came at you fast and furious - much in the same way that my own fracture mind works (The manic style of one Tiger blooded Mr. Charlie Sheen). I need to master this skill to improve my own filmaking skills. Does anyone have any ideas of programs or tutorials I can seek out for study?

I would like to be able to import video and still images to show in a 'picture in picture' style and let those images further inspire my rants. Viewers can see exactly what is bothering me that day.

On some days I would answer specific emails or comments made about my posts. I would like to add any video opinions you may want to send me.

'Interview a Follower' would be another interesting idea I have been kicking around.

'Advice From Admiral Fluffy' would allow followers to remain current on the current opinions of my best companion. I would like to film his 'talking' with subtitles.

Would you be into this? Of course you can't judge until you see an actual video post but some initial feedback would be nice. Other people have done podcasts and I would in interested in how you enjoyed the experiences.

My unlimited love to you all - Cal

9 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

Dude you need a Macbook. I got one recently and it's amazing how easy it is to put together podcasts, movies, everything.

Kal said...

I would have to learn all the
Mac stuff wouldn't I? Would that make my head explode. I wonder if my webcam can help me do my podcast or I just might need to upgrade. I want to learn how do create a fun product.

Sam G said...

That would be a cool component to the blog...as long as it doesn't detract from the awesome daily postings. ;)

Wings1295 said...

Sounds like an interesting foray into new territory, Kal! I have no advice, I will leave that to the techno-geeks. Good luck though!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Advice from Admiral Fluffy -- purrrrfect!

Paradox Al said...

I love your Advice from Admiral Fluffy idea. I would watch the hell out of that! =)

M. D. Jackson said...

Invest in a good microphone. It's the internet, so people will forgive video quality that is sub-par, but too many video posts have awful sound. ou want people to hear what you are saying and you want as little to get in the way of that as possible. Enunciate clearly, try not to "pop" your "P"s and sound enthusiastic. No one really likes a reveiwer who sounds like he's trying to be "too cool" for the internet. Personally I just want to reach through the screen and throttle the little shits.

I'm all for that idea, especially if you put on your Thor helmet and intone: "You are banished!"

Sarah said...

DO IT! I'm a maniac addict for the Cave of Cool. More is always better!

DrGoat said...

Go for it, Cal. As Sam sez, if it doesn't take away from your blog posts, please do. The more communication between you and us, the better we like it.