Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Again With The Freakin' Luftballoons (2009)

I love this song but the graphic in this video are pathetic. She still look good but do you have to remind me that I can do a better presentation on my laptop? And still, with the balloons? You think in 25 years she could have put out ONE other song that someone remembers? How does a person sing the same song over and over and over again. If I had to do that I would wrap my head in tinfoil and stick it in the microwave oven - which coincidentally was cutting edge technology the FIRST time this song refused to leave my head.



And since we are celebrating the great German people with the only pop hit of there's I know (besides Falco's 'Rock Me Amadeus') here is a list of 15 things you might not have known were German. I love Germany and Bavaria is my spiritual homeland so I am in no way mocking the fine people of Deutschland.

7 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I think the graphics are supposed to look old-school, 80s, pixels and bright colors.

My problem is the dance/upbeat happy-happy vibe the song has in this. I always took it more as a melancholy worrying look at an inadvertent apocalypse!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Chicken fried steak is wiener schnitzel? Ach du lieber, all is now clear!

M. D. Jackson said...

The 15 things missed out Invading Poland.

Oh... did I say that out loud?

Kal said...

So they lose their minds twice every century, what central European country doesn't?

MC said...

So you don't know Major Tom by Peter Schilling then?

Cora said...

Holy cow, she looks fabulous! I want some striped tights now.

Kal said...

You would never want to undergo those German style beauty treatments. I hear they are into all kinds of freaky shit.