Friday, November 6, 2009

TV This Week


Glee - they had me at Young MC. Big Daddy knows how to 'bust a move'. Still one of my favorite places to land in the week. Always makes me smile - How can you beat Puck singing 'Sweet Caroline' and Evil Sue showing her soft side? If I ever go back to teaching I would totally want to teach Drama again. However, I would need to connect with a good music teacher to get that whole 'glee' experience. Of course, it would never be like the show so what do I do with that disappointment? K, now I made bunny, kitty and puppy cry.

The Middle and Modern Family - The strongest hour of comedy in the week. I am loving how the kids are given strong parts and lines. The way that they continue to find ways for poor Sue from 'The Middle' to fail never gets old with me. Even three chances at a good school photo weren't enough for her to get it right. I love the way she just carries on and looks for something else to be crappy at. Manny, the stepson of Ed O'Neill's character is quickly becoming the break out star of that show. The way he crushed the poor sick girl at the fencing match was genius. He too is oblivious to his own shortcomings.

V- It is hard to remove the memory of the miniseries from anyone who loved it back in the day so I suspect that had the most to do with quickly skipping over most of the plot details we old people remember. We already know they are lizards and that a human resistance will be formed to defeat them but unless they come up with a fresh take I may be jumping this ship. Trying to be topical by taking a dig at the 'Universal Healthcare' the 'Visitors' offer was clunky and laboured. Even the religious implications of these 'new gods' seemed obvious. Special effects don't really grab us anymore if the story is weak. There are just too many other interesting things to watch these days.

Survivor - Usually when the 'merge' happens the tribe with the superior numbers picks off the other tribe one by one before turning on each other. This time it looks to be a different dynamic and much more fun to watch. I count four people who COULD go home tonight and they represent both original tribes. I also am enjoying watching all the nasties on Galu revealing more of their true characters. If Foa Foa had won more challenges then it may be differnt and more of the asses would have been gone by now. The beauty of this show is that you can never really predict what is going to happen. Hell, the girls may all team up to get rid of the guys. Those sweet beauties wouldn't do that would they? Who also would have thought that Russel would be so lost and out of power? He ever got rid of his hidden immunity idol because he was so freaked out. The days are numbered for the Prince of Darkness.

Fringe - I am so comfortable into loving this show that is hurting in the rating with its Thursday night time slot. So what that usually means is it will be cancelled soon. I just bet if you take into account those who watch the show online or with their DVRs that it would be way up there in popularity. John Noble (Walter), Lance Reddick (Agent Broyles) and Joshua Jackson (Peter) are very interesting actors to watch especially since Peter has found his cajones. The fact that it is on FOX which has a bad reputation for ditching interesting programs worries me too. All I can do is enjoy what I have until it's gone, bitch a little about that,then move on.

Project Runway - I actually am happy with the three that are going to Bryant Park. Arina IS a total bitch but she has the chops to win everything since it's not a 'karma' competition. I have hope though for my girl Carol Hannah to pull it out once she has time to put her vision together. Her work is always very well constructed. If the trailer for next week's show is right she will be very sick for Fashion Week. I hope that doesn't hurt her chances.

4 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

I think the days are numbered for Russell, too, thank God. Though I had to feel slightly sorry for him now that he's lost the upper hand. My pity only lasted for a few seconds, however. I'm still going for Shambo!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I knew the second that Russel gave up the hidden immunity idol that he was just a paper tiger...a toothless old cat.

Wandering Coyote said...

I agree. I thought that was a bad move on his part. A bit too panicky for the likes of him.

Wings1295 said...

Glee - GREAT show. We watch and love it. Although, the wife with the fake baby plot needs to go!

The Middle and Modern Family - Haven't been able to get into The Middle. But Modern Family ROCKS - hilarious show! Shelley Long needs to be back ASAP.

V- It was okay. Nothing thrilling, and I am not going to get too wrapped up in it. Yet.

Fringe - Love this one. I really, REALLY hope it isn't canned because of rating. I am sure tons of peeps DVR it.