Friday, November 13, 2009

Hamster Heaven


I always liked Hamsters. They are cute and low maintenance but I was afraid that living in that cage sucked for them. For that reason I made it a habit to create a space station like habitat so they never got bored. Those clear balls are also wicked cool. Once our hamster Clyde was ripping around the upstairs and suddenly things got quiet. We got the bad feeling that he had went down the stairs and walked into the basement thinking he was dead. However, there he was, zipping around with a cracked clear ball full of dirt and dust. We called him Evil Knievel after that. Even in the yard he would roll right up to the cat just to annoy him. That hamster lived four years which was ancient for his species.

http://bronz-age.tumblr.com/

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

I had Siberian Dwarf hamsters when I was a kid. They were cool, but mean little suckers. They had babies once, but I didn't notice and started to clean up the cage. When I saw the babies, I left them alone. But apparently momma was pissed, cause she ate all but one of them. Kept them til they died off.

My kids had a Golden bear hamster for about 3 years, I think. He was even meaner. Damn thing didn't like people, at all!