Friday, August 21, 2009

Turn the Beat Around

Ah the one that started it all. Vicky Sue Robinson, 1976. It was time for velour shirts, big ass medallions, bell bottom jeans and high heeled boots. Dad's Aqua Velva was the scent of choice and I was swept up in the whole crazy scene man (well as much as any 11 year old can be 'swept'). Disco was here bitches and nothing would ever be the same again. Well, at least until Xanadu set everything right. We dodged a bullet there! Got this song stuck in my head and why should I be the only one to suffer. Gonna flush it out with some 80s Eurotrash pop...but not quite yet. I had several 'You Tube' videos to choose from but they were all some bad lip synching from Soul Train or American Bandstand and I just couldn't do it. Watch Brother Astaire and marvel at the man's moves. What no respect? He was in 'The Poseidon Adventure'! What is WRONG with you? (Sorry...that is my catch phase this week)

1 comment:

themom said...

Thanks, loved the video also. Now I will have this song running through my head all day. **not a bad song though. Have a great day.