Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oh Sweet Jebus


Can it be true? Can the movie actually turn out to be the great summer action adventure we all hoped it would be but really had no reason to suspect it could be? When I first saw the trailer I hugged my 'Snake Eyes' plushy all the tighter and said a little prayer. Is 'Rotten Tomatoes' on the glue to be giving this movie an 80%??? Read these snippets of reviews and thank the gods before you go sleepies tonight.

"Stephen Sommers' film captures the silly energy that made the series such a childhood favorite and finds a way to fulfill the expectations of fanboys from 13 to 30 (okay, 33) in the process."

"'G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra' is... a summer movie, through and through, pure pulp preposterousness, one of the most successful little-boy adventure movies in a long time."

"If I was 10 years old, GI Joe would be one of the best movies I had ever seen. As a grown up it's one of the better summer movies; a delightfully light, fun and action-packed kick in the ass."

"In spite of many misgivings, including ropey CGI, convoluted storytelling and a smattering of horribly over-the-top performances, G.I. Joe is a blast from start-to-finish."

"G.I. Joe may not be a great movie, but it sure is a hoot and a half, just make sure to find that inner child in you that still likes to play pretend."

"Pure escapist fun."


5 comments:

wiec? said...

we'll have to wait and see. i have a feeling it will be #1 at the box office this weekend but that was pretty much a given to begin with. you going?

i'm still waiting for the dvd. i'm skeptical like that.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I need to see it in the theatre because I have been a lone voice in the wilderness saying that is could be entertaining. Time to put up or shut up on my part. But I think its gonna be alot of fun.

Bubbashelby said...

At first I thought "Yay!" then I thought "Nay!" Now I am back to "Yay!"

So yeah - I'll be seeing it this weekend (or shortly thereafter) and I'll make my own mind up then.

Dash MacBastard said...

We can only hope!

Ricky Shambles said...

I will be there in the theatres, though I'm not certain about this weekend. Go Joe!