Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oh Kimmy












One of the great animated shows of the past decade has got to be 'Kim Possible'. Great characters and situations and a real message of empowerment to little girls and middle aged white men. The show never lost its cool edge and the storyline developed through the years it was on. Kim was a real superhero and we don't have enough female heroes these days. Her rouges gallery can stand up to any in the genre. I always loved it when Drakken would get his butt kicked by Kim and all he could say was, "Kim Possible, you think you're all that...but you're NOT!" Sure Drakken, you keep believing that. I have said before that the strength of any character lies in the ways various artists can interpret that character and you immediately know who it is.

4 comments:

Michael Kasaboski said...

Wow, I've heard of the character but never seen the show. Honestly, it was the GREAT artwork you featured in this post that caught my attention. I love it. So cartoony and simple. I'm going to have to draw her... and check out the show now!

Bubbashelby said...

Kim Possible was an excellent show for all the reasons you've mentioned.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Now I don't feel like such a perv for digging her. Thanks.

Michael May said...

NICE!