Monday, August 10, 2009

I Dream a Little Dream


I do alot of reading. I read books and magazines and comics and websites and if I could figure it out I would probably read braille as I am watching something else. Sometimes I come across an article that makes the brain inside this 44 year old head explode...then reform...so it can explode again. Like most of you I am tired of the same old same. I laugh at the same things and I listen to the same music and see the same effects in the same old movies. Just when I thought no one had a fresh idea in their heads I read these words from 'Incredible Hulk' and 'Clash of the Titans' director Louis Leterrier from an interview he did for 'Hero Complex'.


"You know, you asked about my dream, I’ll tell you my real dream: To work with Joe Johnston and [“Thor” director] Kenneth Branagh and Jon Favreau and make like a triptych. We do four movies. We release them one a month for the summer. Or even every two weeks or three weeks. And the whole summer would be Avengers summer. So we do it the way they make television shows. One story arc but told in installments by different directors. So all of the directors that touch part of the Avengers world would do a part; we could make the movies shorter, maybe less than an hour and a half, and we use the same sets and save Marvel money. I would love to sit around a table with all of them a kick around the story. That’s my dream."


OMG, wouldn't that be the greatest thing ever? I could buy my 'Avengers' boxers, my 'Captain America' t-shirt and my 'Thor' helmet and wear nothing else all summer. Each week 7-11 would have a different slurpie cup and I would carry them all on my specially adapted belt. It would be 'THE SUMMER OF THE AVENGERS' and I would be so happy that come September I would have to die because nothing in life would ever be so great again. I know I know...I could have a wife and children and that would fulfill my pitiful existence...but I think I have a better chance hoping for my four movie summer of dreams. Please 'Gods of Marvel'...make it so.


http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/08/leterriers-dream-an-avengers-epic-told-in-four-films-over-one-summer-.html

No comments: