Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hoppy the Three Legged Bunny


I so feel like a character from a movie...any one will do...so long as he is totally confined to his home with what appears to this layman's medical opinion to be a broken foot. So hopping to the fridge is a nightmare and hoping to the toilet is a nightmare. And the little adventure we call hopping to the garage for a cold Pepsi is a painful adventure in discomfort, bitches. I am alone all weekend and can't get around anywhere. And the time that I can just take sleeping pills to sleep this painful night away they stop working on me and here I remain...awake and intense and grumpy beyond all hell. I am so hoping that an octopus slithers past me so I can strangle it.

12 comments:

Booksteve said...

Whoa! What the heck happened?

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Holy crap man, I feel for ya. Get well soon!

Unknown said...

sounds like fun-- while you're hopping about, grab me a sammich..

Wings1295 said...

Zoinks! What the heck were you doing???

Hope it heals up ASAP!

Wandering Coyote said...

Well, I was getting kind of worried over the weekend when I noticed that you weren't posting every 3 minutes! What did you do, and did you do what you should have done which is go and get an X-ray? And crutches.

Ricky Shambles said...

So sorry to hear it. I had an avulsive fracture of my fifth metatarsal in college (i.e., drunk and stoned I misstepped into a dog hole and bent my foot in such a way that the pressure the tendon exerted snapped the bone in my foot that joins to my pinky toe). And it sucked.

My wife did the same thing a couple years ago mowing the lawn, so even without the drunk and stoned, it's not that hard. She had all the same symptoms - the limping pain, the blood pool in the bottom of the foot, but the

I wish you luck and painkillers.

Colin Lorimer said...

Get well soon big man!

C.

Wings1295 said...

Hope you are feeling better! And hey, here's something for you: Honest Scrap Award

Lemmy Caution said...

You need to check this out!!

wiec? said...

if yer foot's in a cast or one of those inflated boot things i feel for you. that stuff is the worst. same goes for crutches. rehabbing is no picnic either. stay strong. it will get better.

get well soon mang.

Nicole said...

Oh no, Cal! What happened? I was so worried when you weren't posting anything about how much you hate octopi, or a funny cat, or your opinions, or a funny comic... You get the point. Heal up quick, Cal! Cyberspace misses you! Hope you feel better! :)

themom said...

Well, by now you are either in excruciating pain or on the road to recovery. Sorry to hear of the malady. Will be awaiting posts or comments - so heal fast!