Friday, August 21, 2009

The Haunted World of El Superbeasto

This is my favorite part of being a blogger. People just see something and they KNOW that they have to share it with you because its just the kind of thing you will not be able to resist posting. Booksteve send me this mere second ago and already I am salivating to show off its coolness. Its everything the Cave of Cool is about. You got Rob Zombie who really doesn't take himself half as seriously as you think he would or should. Sexy babes in jumpsuits and eye patches, Luchadors fighting the evil undead...oh and more sex and of course Nazis, horny Devils, an Ape with a giant screw in his head and a trouser cat. There should be a whole NETWORK devoted to this genre. Send out the call and I will get my mask and join you in the struggle. You know I am gonna be all over the episode where they have to bash and smash some tentacled piece of Eurotrash. Those Mediterranean squid have gotten a free ride for too long.

2 comments:

Reis O'Brien said...

HELL... YEAH!!!

Doc Atomic said...

Just wrote a feature on Rob Zombie for a magazine and had a chance to talk to him about El Superbeasto. A $1 million cartoon that ballooned into an $8 million epic. Apparently, whoever was supposed to be minding the store wasn't paying enough attention, and Zombie and Co. were able to run wild. Looks like most of the money ended up on-screen, which is great. After watching this preview, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it.

Oh, he also said that it's going to be released in three formats at the same time: Movie theaters, DVD, and Pay-Per-View. Covering all his bases, I guess.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to get too much more out of him -- the majority of the interview focused on Halloween II (for obvious reasons).