Friday, April 10, 2009

Steam Wars



Was taking a trip through the steampunk sites and found information about this project that artist Larry Blamire has been working on for years. I love the concept and would totally enjoy seeing these huge creations come to life onscreen. It reminded me that that guy who make the awesome SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW did it all with green screen and this techique would easily work for STEAM WARS. Check out these great concept drawings.

"I see STEAM WARS as clearly as if it's being projected--a tough, gritty, colorful but realistic live-action adventure with a wry sense of humor. Yes, I said realistic. It's my intention that the steam rigs not be treated self-consciously. I'm not tracing a history of steam warfare-- when the story opens we are thrust into the middle of a battle. I see these not as robots but as fighting machines like tanks or submarines, manned by crews who approach their specified tasks as a normal workday--and we'll see their operation down to the smallest detail. The Victorian conceit here just happens to be that war is fought in these eccentric walking battleships. In introducing this single fantastic element, it's important to me to remain matter of fact, with a technology that seems right for the period."



http://www.steamwars.com/

No comments: